Quinnapin YT-286

 

Quinnapin


(YT-286: dp. 510 (f.); 1. 110'; b. 29'; dr. 1.;'; s. 12 k.; cpl. 10;
a. 2 .50 eel. mg.; cl. Onoekatin)

Quinnapin (YT-286) was laid down 5 July 1943 by Thomas

Kmltson Shipbuilding Corp., Halesite, N.Y.; reclassified YTB-286 on 15 Mav 1944, launched 20 July 1944, sponsored by Mrs. Thomas Knutson, and placed in service 3 January 1945.

Proceeding via the Panama Canal, Quinnapin arrived at San Francisco 7 July 1945. From 1946 to 1950 she served the 12th Naval District, San Francisco. Sold at Mare Island 5 May 1950 to Foss Launch and Tug Co., she was struck from the Naval Vessel Register 16 June 1950.