(YN-46: dp. 158(1t.); 1. 94'5"; b. 25'; dr. 8'6")
Narn~ntack was built in 1938 as thc Thonws E7. Moran by the Defoe Shipbuilding Co., Bay City, Mich. for the Moran Towing and Transportation Co., New York, N.Y. She was purchased by the Navy 28 November 1940, renamed and clas.sified as Namontack (YN-46) converted to a net tender at the New York Navy Yard; an] placed in service 18 March 1841.
Narr~nlack departed New York 26 March 1941 and, on arrival at Norfolk 28 March, reported for duty to the Commandant 5th Naval District. Based at Little Creek for the durution of the war, she performed tug and net and boom tending services there until 1946, except for the period May to July 1942, when she served on Inshore Patrol duty. During this period, she was reelassified YNT-14 on 1 May 1942, and was again reelassified to YTB-738 on 2 August 1945. She was placed out of service 21 August 1946 and was struck from the Naval Register 30 December 1946. She was sold 30 April 1947.