Lady Thorne SP-982

 

Lady Thorne

(SP-982: 1. 44'; b. 10'; dr. 6'8"; s. 9.5 ml.; cgl. 4;
a. 1 1-pdr.)

Lady Thorne (SP-962), a motorboat, was built in 1908;
acquired by the Navy 22 June 1917 from R. C. Lamb, Elizabeth City, N.C.; placed in service, she Joined the Naval Coastal Detense Reserve, Chief Boatswain's Mate Eugene L. de High, USNRF, in command.

Lady Thorne operated in the 5th Naval District until 1 March 1918 when she was placed out of service and returned to her owner.