Lady Anne SP-164

 

Lady Anne
(SP-164: t. 27; 1. 0'; b. 16'3"; dr. 4'6"; H. 10 k., cgl.
10; a. 1 1-pdr., 1 .30 cal. ma. )

Lady Anne (SP-154), a motor yacht, waa built in 1914 by Brown, Tottenville, Staten Island, N.Y.; purchased by the Navy 10 April 1917 trom her owner, George P. Walker, Savannah, Gal; enrolled in the Naval Coast Detense Reaerve 19 Aprii; and commissioned 7 Bay at Charleston, S.C., Lt. (jg.) John S. Thompson, USNRF. in command.

Assigned to the 6th Naval District, Charlston, Lady Anne operated out ot Savannah, Gal, on section and harbor patrols. She sailed the lower reaches of the Savannah River and along the Atlantic coast inspecting merchant ships and sealing wireless radios. Lady Anne decommissioned 8 February 1919 and transferred to NOTS for harbor patrol duty at Charleston. Offered for sale 13 November, she was withdrawn from sale 3 February 1920 and transferred to the War Department 25 February.