A former name retained.
(SP-1144: t. 31; 1. 66'6"; b. 11'7"; dr. 5'; s. 9 k.; cpl. 8; a. 1 mg.)
Katrina, a wooden steam yacht, was built in 1913 by George F. Lawley & San Corp., Boston. She was chartered by the Navy from her owner, Mrs. Anna C. Ewing of Yonkers, N.Y., 18 May 1917; and commissioned with a Naval Reserve crew 30 May, Boatswain Alvin A. Hanna, USNRF, in command.
Assigned to the Bar Harbor Section Patrol, she served in a variety of ways, patrolling, tending lookout stations, and breaking ice. She was placed in full commission 22 June and enrolled in the Naval Coast Defense Reserve 28 July.
Ordered to Halifax, Nova Scotia, 5 June 1918, she arrived at her new station 11 June and was used to transport men between visiting ships, the receiving ship, and the station hospital. Katrina was returned to her owner 15 February 1919.