Katie SP-660

 

Katie

A former name retained.

(SP-660: t. 15; 1. 48'; b. 11'2"; dr. 3'8"; s. 10 k.; cpl. 4; a. none)

Katie, a motor boat, was built by C. E. Bush of Crittenden, Va., in 1916 and owned by the Virginia Fish and Oyster Commission. Chartered to the Government, she commissioned 24 April 1917 and was taken over by the Navy at Norfolk 18 May, Chief Master-at-Arms J. B. Bush, USNRF, in command.

Assigned to the 5th Naval District, Katie operated out of Crittenden, Va., as a shore and section patrol boat. Her patrols extended from Norfolk and the James River to the lower reaches of the Potomac River and Chesapeake Bay. She decommissioned 22 October 1918 and was returned to her former owner the same day.