Katherine K. SP-220
A former name retained.
(SP-220: t. 14; 1. 55'; b. 12'4"; dr. 4'2"; s. 10 k.; a. 2 1-pdrs.)
Katherine K. (SP-220), a motor boat, was built in 1894 by M. D. Battomer of Baltimore, Md., and acquired from Samuel H. Freas of Miami, Fla., 9 June 1917. Enrolled in the Naval Coast Defense Reserve on 16 June, she was delivered to Key West 10 July and commissioned 7 September, Machinist's Mate Second Class T. M. Lett, Jr., USNRF, in command.
Assigned as a section patrol ship to the 7th Naval District, Katherine K. patrolled the waters in and around Key West and served as a harbor and target towing tug. She was ordered transferred to the U.S. Coast Guard 17 March 1919; but on 21 May she was placed on the list of ships for sale. Katherine K. was sold to Eugene E. Bates of Key West. However, before delivery, she was swept away in a hurricane 9 to 10 September.