A former name retained.
(SP-439: t. 61; 1. 100'; b. 17'6"; dr. 7'7"; s. 12 k.; a. 2 1-pdrs.)
Kanised (SP-439), a motor yacht, was built in 1910 at Long Branch, N.J., and acquired from her owner, Louis Kann, of Baltimore in May 1917. She had formerly been named Nahmeoka and Tuscanola. Kanised commissioned soon afterward, Ens. C. Van Voorhis, USNRF, in command.
Assigned to the 5th Naval District at Norfolk. Kanised operated in the Hampton Roads area during the balance of World War 1. She served as mail ship on harbor patrol and as flagship of Squadron 4 on section patrol. After the war, she remained at Norfolk until being sold 13 December 1919, to J. A. Mickelson of Morris Heights, N.Y.