A former name retained.
SP-389: t. 147; 1. 153'; b. 14'6" ; dr. 7'9"; s. 14 k.; a. 2 6-pdrs., 1 mg.)
Kajeruna (SP-398), a steel-hulled steam yacht, was built in 1902 by John N. Robinton & Son, Erie Basin, N.Y., and was acquired from her owner, A. W. Gieske of Baltimore, in May 1917 and commissioned, Lt. J. R. Hudgins, USNRF, in command.
Assigned to the 5th Naval District based at Norfolk, Kajeruna acted as flagship for Patrol Squadron 3. She operated in Hampton Roads and Chesapeake Bay until being returned to her owner 16 January 1919.