(PG-72: dp. 2,250; 1. 215'6"; b. 41'6"; d. 22'; s. 15 k.; cpl. 153; a. 2 4")
Nourmahal (PG-72), a yucht built in 1928 by the Krupp Iron Works, Kiel, Germany, was acquired by the Navy from William Vineent Astor by bareboat charter agreement 3 March 1942, to be operated under Navy ownership by the Coast Guard. She was designated Nourmahal (PG-72) 9 April 1943 and purchased by the Navy 29 June in accordance with an option in the original charter agreement.
Nourmahal transferred to the Coast Guard 29 December and was struck from the Navy List 12 January 1944. Until the end of April 1946 she served the Coast Guard based at Boston, Mass., principally on ocean station weather patrol. Thereafter she provided towing services at the Coast Guard Yard, Curtis Bay, Md.
She returned to the custody of the Commandant of the 5th Naval District in May 1947 for berthing at Norfolk. Transferred to the Maritime Administration 18 July 1948 she was assigned to the James River Maritime Reserve Fleet. She was sold by the Maritime Administration 11 September 1964 to Hughes Brothers, Ine. for scrap.