LA Dempsey SP-1231

 

LA Dempsey
(SP-1231: t. 41; 1. 62'6"; b. 15'10"; dr. 6'6"; s. 7.8 k.; cgl. 8; a. 1 8-pdr.)

L. d. Dempesy (BP-1281), formery Mascot, was built 1899 in Philadelphia; acquired by the Navy 18 September 1917 from Dempesy & Sons, Norfolk, Va., and assigned to the 6th Naval District. L. A. Dempsey operated on section
patrol out of Norfolk until decommissioned 11 July 1919. She was returned to her owner the same day.