Quastine AOG-39

 

Quastinet

(AOG-39: dp. 2 270 1. 220'6"; b. 37', dr. 13'1", s. 10 k., cpl.
62; a. 1 3'}, 2 iOmm.; cl. Mettawee; T. T1-M-A2)

Quastinet (AOG-39) was laid down 2 August 1944 as MC hull 1802 by East Coast Shipyard Ine., Bayonne, N.J. constructed and converted concurrently; launched 24 September 1944; sponsored bv Mrs. E.S. Chappelear, acquired by the Navy from the Maritime Commission 28 October 1944, and commissioned 6 November 1944, Lt. Lawrence A. Snider in command.

Following shakedown, Quastinet reported for duty to Commander, Service Force, Atlantic, 28 January 1945. Following assignment to the 12th Naval District, Quastinet decommissioned 16 April 1946. Struck from the Naval Vessel Register 21 May, she was transferred to the Maritime Commission 9 September 1946.