A river in the State of Washington.
(AOG-64: dp. 1,988; 1. 325'2"; b. 48'2"; dr. 19'; s. 10 k.; cpl. 80; a. 1 3", 2 40mm., 8 20 mm.; cl. Klickitat; T. Tl-M-BT1)
Klickitat (AOG-64) was launched 24 March 1945, by St. John's River Shipbuilding Corp., Jacksonville, Fla., under a Maritime Commission contract; sponsored by Mrs. 1. B. McDaniel; acquired by the Navy and commissioned 14 July, Lt. M. J. Seibert, USCG, in command.
Departing Jacksonville 28 July, Klickitat arrived Hampton Roads, Va., 31 July. After shakedown in the Chesapeake Bay, the gasoline tanker proceeded on 23 August for Rockland, Maine, arriving the 26th. She returned to Norfolk 3 September and departed 23 November with Michigamme (AOG-65) for Houston, Tex. Arriving 2 December, she loaded a cargo of diesel oil, sailed 3 December for the East Coast, and arrived Norfolk 12 December. Remaining at Norfolk, Klickitat decommissioned 23 January 1946 and was returned to the Maritime Commission 24 January. Her name was struck from the Navy List 7 February 1946. Following merchant service as SS Captain, she was acquired in 1949 by the Argentine Navy and renamed Punta Loyola.