(AOG-62: dp. 845; 1. 220'6"; b. 37'; dr. 13'1"; s. 10 k.; cpl. 62; a. 1 3"; cl. Mettawee)
The second Conemaugh was launched 17 February 1945 by East Coast Ship Yard, Inc., Bayonne, N.J., sponsored by Mrs. F. J. Read; acquired by the Navy 9 March 1945; converted at Marine Basin Shipyard Brooklyn, N.Y.; and commissioned 21 March 1945, Lieutenant W. A. Jump, Jr., USNR, in command'
Conemaugh cleared Norfolk 7 May 1945 to load fuel at Aruba and sailed on to arrive at San Diego 7 June. She put out from San Diego 17 June for San Francisco, Pearl Harbor, Eniwetok, and Ulithi. Here she had local fueling duties as well as making Yoyages to Peleliu
from 2 August to 30 October. She then became station diesel tanker at Guam, continuing her fuel runs to Peleliu until 25 January 1946, when she returned to San Francisco. Conemaugh was decommissioned 26 March 1946, and returned to the War Shipping Administration.