Timmerman (DD-828: dp. 2,420, 1. 391'0"; b. 41'0", dr. 19'0"; s. 40 k. (tl.); cpl. 367; a. 6 5", 12 40mm., 10 20 mm.;cl. Gearing) Timmerman (DD-828) was laid down on 1 October 1945 at Bath, Maine, by the Bath Iron Works; assigned to the Atlantic Reserve Fleet on 19 November 1945 launched on 19 May 1951; sponsored by Mrs. Fred Timmerman; and commissioned on 26 September 1952 Comdr. Edward E. Hoffman in command. Timmerman was constructed as an experimental light weight, advanced design destroyer to test and evaluate, under operating conditions, advanced design experimental engineering equipment. As a unit of the Operational Development Force, 1st Naval District, Boston, she tested her new propulsion system for the next four years. On 11 January 1954, her designation was changed to AG-152, a miscellaneous auxiliary ship. The ship was decommissioned at Boston on 27 July 1966. She was moved to Philadelphia in September and assigned to the Reserve Fleet. In early 1968, Timmerman was declared unfit for further service and struck from the Navy list on 4 April 1958. On 21 April 1969, she was sold to the Boston Metals Co., Baltimore, Md., and scrapped.