Ludlow II DD- 112

 

Ludlow II
(DD-112: dp. 1.060, 1. 314'5": b. 31'9"; dr. 9'2"; a.
35 k.; cpl. 123; a. 3 4", 1 3", 12 21" tt:; cl. Wickes)

The second Ludlow (DD-112) was laid down 7 January 1918 at Union Iron Works, San Francisco, Calif., Launched 9 June 1918; sponsored by Miss 13:Elizabeth Ludlow Chrystie, a descendant of. Lieutenant Ludlow; and commissioned 23 December 1918 Comdr M. K. Metcalf in command.

Following west coast shakedown, Ludlow embarked on the continuous training program which is a hallmark of the U.S. Navy. On 17 July 1920 she was redesignated DM1Q A change of home ports followed 19 January 1921 when she arrived Pearl Harbor for 8 years with Mine Squadron 2, Fleet Base Force.

Ludlow Joined in gunnery practice, mining operations antisubmarine training, and fleet battle problems in the Hawaiian Islands and off the west coast, and in 1929 trained Naval Reserves. Leaving Pearl Harbor 16 November 1929, she arrived San Diego the 26th, and there decommissioned 24 May 1930. Struck from the Navy list 18 November, she was scrapped and her metal sold 10 March 1931.