USS Colorado ARC-7
(ARC-7: dp. 13,780, 1. 604'; b. 69'6~", dr. 24'1"; s. 22
k.; cpl. 825, a. 4 8", 14 6", 18 3", 2 18" tt.; cl.
The second Colorado (CA-7) was launched 26 April 1903 by William Cramp and Sons Ship and Engine Building Co., Pennsylvania, Pa.- sponsored by Miss C. M. Peabody, and commissioned 19 January 1905, Captain D. Kennedy in command.
Joining the Atlantic Fleet 11 October 1905, Colorado trained and took part in drills along the east coast and in the Caribbean, as well as participating in ceremonies until 7 September 1906, when she sailed for duty on the Asiatic Station. After cruising to Japan and China to represent American interests in the Far East, she returned to the west coast 27 September 1907 for exercises along the Californian and Mexican coasts, in the Hawaiian Islands, and off Central and South America. She served again in the Far East between September 1909 and February 1910.
Ceremonial Visits and receptions for dignitaries highlighted the next 2 years, and from November 1911 to July 1912 Colorado returned to the Far East for duty. Between August and November, she sailed to land and support expeditionary troops at Corinto, Nicaragua then patrolled Mexican waters until placed in reduce commission at Puget Sound Navy Yard 17 May 1913.
Once more in full commission from 9 February 1915 to 26 September, she continued on active duty as flagship of the Pacific Reserve Fleet, patrolling in Mexican waters during the revolution and then returned to reserve status. She was renamed Pueblo 9 November 1916 while in overhaul, after which she returned to Mexico, to blockade interned German ships. She returned to full commission upon the entry of the United States into World War I, and as flagship of the Scouting Force patrolled the South Atlantic, protecting shipping, paying diplomatic calls to South American ports, and preventing the sailing of German and Austrian ships interned at Bahia, Brazil.
Pueblo returned to Norfolk 18 January 1918, and between 5 February and 16 October made seven voyages to escort convoys carrying men and supplies to England. After carrying the Brazilian ambassador to the United States to Rio de Janeiro, she returned to transatlantic duty, making six voyages between Hoboken and Brest, France, to bring veterans of the American Expeditionary Force home. She arrived at Philadelphia 8 August 1919 and was placed in reduced commission until decommissioned 22 September 1919.
In commission for the last time between 2 April 1921 and 28 September 1927, Pueblo served as receiving ship in the 3d Naval District. She was scrapped 2 October 1930.