Tavibo YT-276

 

Tavibo
(YT-276: dp. 240; 1. 104'; b. 27'; dr. 11'6"; s. 13 k.; cpl. 10)

The steel-hulled steam tug Thomas Mesick was acquired by the Navy at New York City on 22 June 1942 from the Mesick Towing Co.; was renamed Tavibo on 4 July 1942; was designated YT-276; and was placed in service in the 3d Naval District on that same day.

On 15 May 1944, Tavibo was redesignated YTB-246 large harbor tug. The tug operated in the New York area until 30 August 1946 when she was placed out of service. Tavibo was struck from the Navy list on 13 December 1946 and transferred to the Maritime Administration on 9 July 1947 for disposal.