(Tug No. 22: dp. 1,000; 1. 156'8"; b. 30'0"; dr. 14'7"
(mean); cpl. 62; s. 13 k.; a. 1 mg.; cl. Bagaduce)
Tadousac ( Tug No. 22)—a steel-hulled, ocean going fleet tug-was laid down as Chimo on 22 July 1918 at Buffalo, N.Y., by the Ferguson Steel and Iron Works; launched on 17 February 1919; renamed Tadousac on 24 February, and commissioned on 13 June 1919, Lt. (jg.) Arthur O. Henderson, USNRF, in command.
After fitting out on the Great Lakes, Tadousac proceeded via New York to Guantanamo Bay for the annual fleet concentration in Cuban waters. The tug operated out of Guantanamo into the fall of 1920, performing the vital but unglamorous task of towing for the fleet. Subsequently, she was homeported at St. Thomas, Virgin Islands, from late 1920 through the fall of 1922, and at Port-au Prince, Haiti, from January 1923 through November of that year. After conducting local operations with the 7th and 6th
Naval Districts, respectively, into the summer of 1924 Tadousac was decommissioned at Charleston, S.C., on 18 October 1924; was struck from the Navy list on 13 April 1938; and sold to B. J. Maier, of Philadelphia, on 29 December 1938.