USS Piscataqua III

Navyhistory.com
ABOUT US
History of Ships and Navies
Contact US
Navy Links

Ê

Other Sites
HistoryShopping.com
Navalshopping.com
Historycentral.com
America's Wars
Revolutionary War
War of 1812
Civil War
World War II
Ê US Aircraft of WW2
Vietnam War
Presidential Elections
NationbyNation.com
Multieducator Products

Piscataqua III ScTug

Mug Windbreaker
Plaque Cap
Polo Shirt Sweatshirt
Piscataqua III

(ScTug: dp. 854 (f.); 1. 149'; b. 28'7"; d. 12', s. 16 k.; cpl.
58, a. 2 3 pdr.)

The third Piscataqua, a screw tug, was built as W. H. Brown in 1897 by F. W. Wheeler Company, West Bay City, Mich. for the W. H. Brown ~ Co.

purchased by the Navy 11 May 1898, she was renamed Piscataqua, and eommissloned 18 June 1898, Lt. Comdr. Nathan E. Niles in command.

The ship served in Cuban waters during the SpanishAmerican War and was reassigned to the Asiatie Station in 1900. In July 1920, the tug was given the designation AT-49. Piscataqua was placed out of commission at Cavite, Philip

pines 10 April 1922, struck from the Navy List 4 August 1930, and sold for scrapping 7 January 1931 in Manila.