Neswage YN-49

 

Neswage
(YN 49: dp. 52; 1. 64'9"; b. 16'; dr. 8'5"; s. 10 k.)

Neswage (YN-49) was built in 1939 as the Ruth Free$e by Anderson & Christofani, San Francisco, Calif., Durchased from her owners, H. R. Kage ~ C. L. Crany, 28 November 1940 &nd placed in service 27 December 1940 as Neswage (YN 49). Purchased through the Commandant, 12th Naval District Neswage made her contribution to the war effort entirely within this district. Converted late in 1940 the harbor tug slso provided limited net and boom tending services throughout the San Francisco Bay area. She was placed out of service 17 September 1946, struck from the Navy Register 30 December, and delivered to the Maritime Commission 16 April 1947 for disposal.