Naugatuck II YTM
(YTM-753: dp. 295; 1. 107'; b. 27'; dr. 12'; s. 12k.; cpl. 10)
The second Naugatuck (YTM-753), a medium harbor tug, was taken over from the Army in 1963. Built as LT-1964 by the Higgins Co., New Orleans, Louisiana, in 1953, she served the Army until acquired by the Navy in 1962, on a loan basis. The Navy assumed permanent possession the next year, and effcetive 21 January 1963 the tug was named and Reclassified Naugatuck (YTM-753).
Assigned duties in the 3rd Naval District, she continues to provide services in the New York Harbor area into 1970.