Colquitt- AK-174

 

Colquitt

A county in Georgia.

(AK-174: dp. 7,125; 1. 338'6"; b. 50'; dr. 21'1"; s. 12 k.;
cpl. 86; a. 1 3"; cl. Alamosa)

Colquitt (AK-174) was launched 21 January 1946 by Froemming Bros., Milwaukee, Wis., under a Maritimo Commission contract; sponsored by Mrs. Fred Zillman; transferred to the Navy 17 August 1946; and commissioned 22 September 1946, Lieutenant Commander F. E. Miner, USCG, in command. Colquitt was transferred to the Coast Guard 2 days later and served until decommissioned 11 March 1946, on which date her transfer to the Coast Guard became permanent She was renamed and reclassified Kukui (WAK 186) by the Coast Guard.