Thomas Corwin Str
(Str: l. 213'; cpl. 40; a. 3 guns)
Thomas Corwin was built at Portland, Oreg., in 1876 for the United States Revenue Service. She operated with that organization until 9 April 1898 when she was transferred to the United States Navy during the Spanish-American War. She served in the San Diego, Calif., area until 15 August 1898 when she was returned to the Treasury Department.