(ScStr: t. 630; 1. 168'8"; b. 28'4"; dph. 13'; dr. 9'9"; cpl. 83; a.
3 32-pdrs., 1 12-pdr. r.)
On 21 June 1863, Union side wheel steamer Santiago de Cuba captured blockade running British steamer Victon/ off Palmetto Point, Eleuthera Island after a long chase. The prize had slipped out of Wilmington, N.C., laden with cotton tobacco and turpentine and was sent to Boston where she was condemned by the Boston Prize Court. Renamed Queen 1 August 1863, she was purchased by the Navy 29 September 1863, and commissioned 15 August 1863, Acting Master Robert Tarr in command.
Fitted out as a transport and supply ship, Queen departed Boston 4 December for New Orleans where she arrived 9 January 1864. For the remainder of the war, she operated between northern ports and the gulf, stopping frequently enroute to serve Union ships and bases along the Confederate coast.
After the war ended, Queen decommissioned at New York Navy Yard 21 June 1865 and was sold at New York 16 October 1865 to Smith and Dunning.