Concord- AM1

 

Concord III
(AM: 1. 140'; b. 26'; dr. 11'; s. 12 k.; cpl. 36; a 1 3")

The third Concord (No. 773) was built in 1898 by Charles Hillman, Philadelphia, PA.; purchased by the Navy 22 September 1917; outfitted by Boston Navy Yard; and commissioned 20 November 1917, Lieutenant (junior grade) E. M. Gracie, USNRF, in command. She wee renamed and reclassified Mendota (YT - 3) on 20 November 1920, and her name was again changed on 30 January 1932 to Muscotah.

Concord sailed from Philadelphia 16 December 1917 for Bermuda where she joined Galatia and Gypsum Queen to tow three French submarine chasers to Ponta Delgada, Azores. She continued to Brest, arriving 22 February 1918 for service as harbor tug until 26 October 1919. She returned to Norfolk 28 November, and the next month reported to Washington Navy Yard where she was placed "in service" and served as a harbor tug. She was placed out of service 4 November 1984 and sold 30 April 1937.