(WPC: dp. 220, 1. 125', b. 24'; dr. 6'9" (mean), s. 11
k.; cpl. 38; a. 1 3"; cl. Active)
The second Tiger—later classified during World War II as WPC-152—was a steel-hulled, twin-screw, CoastGuard cutter built in 1927 at Camden, N.J., by the American Brown Boveri Electric Corp. She was commissioned at Camden on 3 May 1927.
Tiger operated out of the Coast Guard base at Stapleton, N.Y., until shifting to Norfolk, Va., and arriving there on 6 June 1933. Subsequently, the 125-foot cutter was transferred to Hawaii and operated out of Honolulu. In the summer of 1941, she came under Navy jurisdiction and was assigned to the local defense forces of the 14th Naval District. Equipped with depth charges and listening gear, Tiger operated out of Honolulu—in company with her sister ship Reliance and the 327-foot cutter Taney—into the critical fall of 1941. On 7 December, the Japanese Navy launched a surprise attack on the Pacific Fleet at its Pearl Harbor base. Tiger—patrolling off Barber's Point that morning— won her sole "battle star" on this date.
Little is known of the ship after this point other than that she operated out of Honolulu for the duration of the war on local patrol and antisubmarine duties. In 1948, Tiger was decommissioned and sold.
Tiger received one battle star for her World War II service.