Quiros II IX-140

 

Quiros II

(IX-140: 6,725 t.; 1. 442'; b. 54'8", dr. 27'11", s. 10.5 k.
cpl. 97; a. 1 4", 1 3", 8 20mm.)

Quiros (IX-140), a tanker, formerly S.S. Osmand, was built in 1903 by Palmers Co., Ltd., Neweastle, England

acquired by the Navy 23 March 1944, and commissioned the same day.

Quiros (IX-140) served as a mobile storage tanker in the western Pacific during the final two years of World War II. Upon completion of her western Pacific duty, which was limited by propulsion difficulties, she proceeded under tow from Kwajalein, Marshall Islands, to San Francisco, arriving 24 October 1945. Decommissioned 7 December 1945, she was returned to the War Shinping Administration that day, and struck from the Naval Vessel Register 3 January 1946. She was delivered to American Iron and Metal Co. for scrap 10 July 1947.