(ScSlp: t. 1,113; 1. 216'0"; b. 30'0"; dr. 12'; s. 7 k.; cpl. 122;
a. 1 60-pdr. P.r., 4 32-pdrs., l 20-pdr.)
The first Quinnebaug, a screw sloop of war built by the New York Navy Yard, was launched 31 March 1866, SpOIIsored bv Lt. Comdr. David B. Harmony, and commissioned 19 July 1867, Comdr. Edward Barrett in command.
The new gunboat departed New York 31 August 1807 and cruised along the Atlantic coast of South America for almost three years before returning to Norfolk 18 July 1870. She decommissioned there on the 29th and was laid up until broken up in 1871.