A former name retained.
(Str: dp. 3,106; 1. 378'; b. 52'4"; dr. 22'6"; s. 9 k.; cpl. 67; a. 13?')
Kermoor, a cargo ship, was built in 1907 by J. L. Thompson & Sons, Ltd., Sunderland, England; taken over by the Army 14 March 1918 from her owner, Kerr Navigation Corp., New York; and acquired and commissioned by the Navy 1 November at Cardiff, Wales, Lt. Comdr. T. Cartwright, USNRF, in command.
Operated by the Navy under Army account, Kermoor served out of Cardiff, carrying coal and military supplies between British and French ports. Detached from channel service 1 March 1919, she sailed for Queenstown, Ireland, 6 March for the United States with a cargo of military stores. Reaching Baltimore, Md., 27 March, she continued to New York 21 April. She arrived 23 April and discharged her cargo. Kermoor decommissioned 5 May and was returned to her owner by the USSB the same day.