(YFB-17: dp. 288; 1. 145'6"; b. 44')
Nihoa (YFB-17), a steel ferry-launch, was purchased b the Navy at Pearl Harbor in 1941. Allocated to the 14th Naval District, she provided ferry services to the Naval Air Station, Ford Island, Pearl Harbor.
She served as a ferry at Pearl Harbor until 1961. In April of that year Nihoa was placed out of service and sold by the Navy to a private purchaser.