(IrcRam: 1. 216'; b. 61'2"; dr. 13'6")
The third Columbia, built in Charleston, S.C., in 1864, for the Confederate States Navy, was seized when Union forces occupied Charleston in February 1865. Aground near Fort Moultrie, she was placed under the command of Lieutenant G. W. Hayward, raised on 26 April 1866, and a month later towed to Norfolk, VA. Columbia was drydocked on 5 June and repairs were begun, but on 15 June, she was decommissioned and placed in ordinary. She remained thus at Norfolk until sold on 10 October 1867.