A former name retained.
Ghent, a schooner, was built by Thomas B. Eyre at Presque Isle, now Erie, Pa., in 1815, purchased by the Navy in 1815. Little iS known about this ship except that she made occasional cruises with naval forces on Lake Erie. Probably she went into ordinary with the other lake vessels in 1821. It is known that Ghent was sold at Erie 20 March 1826 to Mr. T. Wendell.