(Galley: T. 40; cpl. 26; a. 1 12- pdr. B. B.; cl. Ludlow)
The first Ballard, a small galley, was built in 1813 by Adam and Noah Brown, Vergennes, Vt.
Ballard, under the command of Master's Mate S. Holland, took part in the capture of the British squadron on Lake Champlain 11 September 1814. Not used after the War of 1812, she was sold at Whitehall, N. Y., in July 1815.