(AF-46: dp 7,435; 1. 338'6"; b. 50' dr. 21'1", s. 11.5 k., cpl. 86; a. 1 3", 6 20mm; cl. Adria; T. R1-M-AV3)
Octavia (AF-46) was laid down as MC Hull 2338 under a Maritime Commission contract 22 November 1944 by Pennsylvania Shipyards, Inc., Beaumont, Texas; named Octavia 6 December 1944; launched 18 January 1945; sponsored by Mrs. J. Linseott, acquired by the Navy on loan charter from the Maritime Commission 31 May 1945; and commissioned 19 June 1945, Lt. Frank P. Benson m command.
Upon completion of shakedown, Octavia departed Galveston 12 July 1945 for Pearl Harbor, sailing via the Panama Canal and San Pedro, Calif. From the end of August to the first week in December, she made two round trips between the big Hawaiian base and the Marshall Islands. Octavia returned to the West Coast for upkeep, arriving at Seattle on 18 December. On 8 January 1946, with a full load of stores, she sailed to Subic Bay, Manila, and Samar in the Philippines, returning to Seattle on 26 March. Following two final trips to Pearl Harbor, Octavia arrived in San Francisco Bay 30 May.
Decommissioned 12 August, Octavia was turned over to the War Shipping Administration the same day and was struck from the Navy List 8 October. Renamed Yardarm Knot, she is presently berthed at Suisun Bay, Calif. as part of the Maritime Administration Reserve Fleet.