Collingsworth APA-146

 

Collingsworth

(APA-146: dp. 6,873; 1. 466'; b. 62'; dr. 24'; s. 18 k.;
cpl. 536; a. 1 5"; cl. Haskell

Collingsworth (APA-146) was launched 2 December 1944 by California Shipbuilding Corp., San Pedro, Calif. under a Maritime Commission contract; sponsored by Mrs. R. H. Moulton; acquired 27 February 1945 and commissioned the same day, Captain C. H. Anderson in command.

After one cargo voyage to Pearl Harbor (8 May-4 June 1946), Collingsworth departed Seattle 27 June and sailed by way of Saipan and Ulithi to Okinawa, arriving 12 August. She carried troops for the occupations of Inchon, Korea, and Chinwangtao and Tsingtao, China, until 28 November when she sailed with homeward bound servicemen for Tacoma, Wash., arriving 19 December. She discharged her passengers and sailed for San Pedro, Cal., the Panama Canal and Norfolk, arriving 28 February 1946. She was decommissioned there 17 March 1946 and transferred to the Maritime Commission 20 March 1946.