Lancaster III AK-193

 


Lancaster III
(AK-193: dp. 2,307; 1. 338'7"; b. 50'; dr. 21'1"; s. 12 k.;
cpl. 85; a. 1 3", 6 20mm.; cl. Alamosa; T. C1-31-AV1)

The third Lancaster (AK193),ex MC Hull 2124, was laid down 1 July 1044 by Walter Butler Shipbuilding Inc., Superior, Wis.; launched the .same year; acquired by the Navy 21 September 1945; and commissioned the same day. The end of World War II reduced the need for cargo ships, and Lancaster decommissioned 23 November 1946 and v as returned to was the same day.