USS Persistent

Navyhistory.com
ABOUT US
History of Ships and Navies
Contact US
Navy Links

Ê

Other Sites
HistoryShopping.com
Navalshopping.com
Historycentral.com
America's Wars
Revolutionary War
War of 1812
Civil War
World War II
Ê US Aircraft of WW2
Vietnam War
Presidential Elections
NationbyNation.com
Multieducator Products

Persistent PYc-48

Mug Windbreaker
Plaque Cap
Polo Shirt Sweatshirt
Persistent
(PYc-48: dp. 110; 1. 120'; b. 22'; dr. 6'6"; s. 12 k.; a. 4 mg.,
2 dct.)

The first Persistent, built as Onwego in 1931, was purchased from the estate of Mr. G. L. Bourne, New York, 13 August 1940; renamed PC-456, 13 September; converted at the New York Navy Yard; and commissioned 16 October 1940.

Assigned to the 15th Naval Distriet, PC-456 arrived in the Canal Zone 13 November 1940.

Renamed and reclassified Persistent (PYc-48), 16 June 1943, she patrolled in and off the Canal Zone until the summer of 1944 when she sailed for Philadelphia and deactivation. Arriving 31 August, she decommissioned 27 September and ~ras struck from the Navy List 14 October.