USS Josephine H II

Navyhistory.com
ABOUT US
History of Ships and Navies
Contact US
Navy Links

Ê

Other Sites
HistoryShopping.com
Navalshopping.com
Historycentral.com
America's Wars
Revolutionary War
War of 1812
Civil War
World War II
Ê US Aircraft of WW2
Vietnam War
Presidential Elections
NationbyNation.com
Multieducator Products

Josephine H. II SP-245

Mug Windbreaker
Plaque Cap
Polo Shirt Sweatshirt
Josephine H. II

A former name retained.

(SP-245: 1. 65'; b. 12'6"; dr. 4'8"; s. 12 k.; a. none)

Josephine H. II (SP-245), a wooden motor boat, was built in 1912 by Bosserdet Yacht & Engine Co., and acquired by the Navy in July 1917 from her owners, John R. Shuman et al. She commissioned 3 August 1917, Chief Boatswain's Mate G. F. Noyes in command.

Josephine H. II was assigned to the 9th, 10th, and 11th Naval Districts for patrol duty based at Detroit. She performed guard duty and regulated traffic on the Detroit River and in Lake St. Clair until decommissioning 29 November 1918. She was returned to her owners 11 March 1919.