USS Ionita

Navyhistory.com
ABOUT US
History of Ships and Navies
Contact US
Navy Links

Ê

Other Sites
HistoryShopping.com
Navalshopping.com
Historycentral.com
America's Wars
Revolutionary War
War of 1812
Civil War
World War II
Ê US Aircraft of WW2
Vietnam War
Presidential Elections
NationbyNation.com
Multieducator Products

Ionita SP-88

Mug Windbreaker
Plaque Cap
Polo Shirt Sweatshirt
Ionita

A former name retained.

(SP~88; t.1;1.55';b.8'; dr.2'2";s.19k.;cpl.5)

Ionita (SP - 88), a motor yacht was built by Church Boat Works, Trenton, Mich., in i914; acquired by the Navy from ber owner, R. A. Newman of Detroit 16 August 1917 and commissioned 23 September 1917, WUliam W. Ford USNRF, in command.

Ionita was assigned to the 9th Naval District as a section patrol graft and spent the war on patrol in the Detroit River. After the Armistice, she was transferred to the Naval Training Camp, Detroit, and was later sold to William Thewes, Cleveland, Ohio, 20 November 1919.