USS Idalis

Navyhistory.com
ABOUT US
History of Ships and Navies
Contact US
Navy Links

Ê

Other Sites
HistoryShopping.com
Navalshopping.com
Historycentral.com
America's Wars
Revolutionary War
War of 1812
Civil War
World War II
Ê US Aircraft of WW2
Vietnam War
Presidential Elections
NationbyNation.com
Multieducator Products

Idalis SP-870

Mug Windbreaker
Plaque Cap
Polo Shirt Sweatshirt
Idalis

(SP-870: t. 40; 1. 67'8"; b. 14'2"; dr. 3'; s. 10 k.; a. 1
1-pdr. )

Idalis (SP-270), a motor yacht, was built in 1908 by Gas Engine & Power Co., Morris Heights, N.Y. Originaily

Idalis, she was acquired by the Navy in June 1917 as Amalia IV from her owner, Carl Reinschild of New York City; renamed Idalis, she commissioned 25 August 1917 Lt. G. C. Fry, USNRE; in command.

Assigned to the 3d Naval District, Idalis served as a patrol craft in Long Island Sound and as training ship for officers at the Naval Reserve Training School Pelham Bay Park, N.Y. She continued these duties untli the close of the war, and was returned to her former owner 22 March 1919.