USS Idaho III

Navyhistory.com
ABOUT US
History of Ships and Navies
Contact US
Navy Links

Ê

Other Sites
HistoryShopping.com
Navalshopping.com
Historycentral.com
America's Wars
Revolutionary War
War of 1812
Civil War
World War II
Ê US Aircraft of WW2
Vietnam War
Presidential Elections
NationbyNation.com
Multieducator Products

Idaho III SP-545

Mug Windbreaker
Plaque Cap
Polo Shirt Sweatshirt
Idaho III

(SP-545: t.23; 1.60';b.12'6";dr.4"; s.11k.;a.1mg.)

The third Idaho (SP-545), a motor boat, was built in 1907 by Stearns & McKay. Marblehead, Mass.; acquired from her owner, W. W. Vensel of Pittsburgh, in June 1917; and commissioned at Cape May, N.J., 12 July 1917, Chief Quartermaster W. H. Naylor, USNRF, in command.

Idaho was assigned to the 4th Naval District for patrol and general duties, serving on harbor entrance patrol and submarine net patrol in the Cape May and Philadelphia areas. She was out of commission during the winter of 1917-18, and finally returned to her owner 30 November 1918.