USS Helen Euphane

Navyhistory.com
ABOUT US
History of Ships and Navies
Contact US
Navy Links

Ê

Other Sites
HistoryShopping.com
Navalshopping.com
Historycentral.com
America's Wars
Revolutionary War
War of 1812
Civil War
World War II
Ê US Aircraft of WW2
Vietnam War
Presidential Elections
NationbyNation.com
Multieducator Products

Helen Euphane SP-403

Mug Windbreaker
Plaque Cap
Polo Shirt Sweatshirt
Helen Euphane

(SP-403: dp. 178; 1. 120'; b. 20'4"; dr. 7'3"; s. 10 k.; a. 1
1-pdr. )

Helen Euphane, a Menhaden fishing boat, was built by E. J. Tull, Pocomoke City, MD., in 1902; purchased from her owners, Eubank Tankard Co., Kilmarnock, VA., 23 May 1917; and delivered 5 June 1917. Her first commanding officer was Lt. ( j.g.) Rowland G. Foster, USNRF.

Assigned to the 5th Naval District as a minesweeper and patrol boat, Helen Euphane, based at Norfolk, operated in Hampton Roads and lower Chesapeake Bay until she was sold back to her original owners 15 April 1919.