USS Ochlockonee  

Navyhistory.com
ABOUT US
History of Ships and Navies
Contact US
Navy Links

Ê

Other Sites
HistoryShopping.com
Navalshopping.com
Historycentral.com
America's Wars
Revolutionary War
War of 1812
Civil War
World War II
Ê US Aircraft of WW2
Vietnam War
Presidential Elections
NationbyNation.com
Multieducator Products

Ochlockonee AOG-33

Mug Windbreaker
Plaque Cap
Polo Shirt Sweatshirt
Ochlockonee
(AOG-33: dp. 2,270,1. 220'6", b. 37' dr. 13'1", s. 10 k.; cpl. 62; a. 1 3", 2 40mm, 3 20mm; Cl Mettawee; T. T1-M-A2)

Ochlockonee (AOG-33), formerly MC Hull 1530, was laid down under a Maritime Commission contract 18 October 1944 by East Coast Shipyard, Ine., Bayonne, New Jersey launched 19 November 1944, sponsored by Mrs. Albert Robinette; acquired by the Navy 18 December 1944, and commissioned 29 December, Lt. Arthur W. Walker, USCG, in command.

Following shakedown in the Chesapeake Bay, Ochlockonee departed Norfolk 16 February 1945 for Hawaii via Aruba, the Panama Canal, and San Diego, arriving 14 April. Operating out of Pearl Harbor for the remainder of the war, Ochlockonce made fueling runs among the Hawaiians and to Johnston and Canton Islands.

She decommissioned at San Pedro, Calif., 14 January 1946, and was struck from the Navy List 7 February. Returned to the Maritime Administration on 21 June, she subsequently entered merchant service and is presently named Tearaco.