(AVP~33: dp. 1788, 1. 810'9", b. 41'2", dr. 13'6", .s.
18.2 k.; cpl. 215; a. 1 5";cl. Barnegat)
Barataria (AVP 33) was launched 2 October 1943 by Lake Washington Shipyards, Houghton, Wash.; sponsored by Mrs. L. J. Stetcher, wife of Captain Stetcher; and commissioned 13 August 1944, Commander G. S. Coleman in command.
Barataria departed Alameda, Calif., 22 November 1944 and steamed to Ulithi Island, Caroline Islands, where on 12 December 1944 she reported to Commander, Aircraft 7th Fleet. She was assigned to the Philippine Islands and arrived at Lingayen Gulf 9 January 1945 where she serviced and maintained various seaplane squadrons. She remained in the Philippines until the end of World War II. Between 2 September and 7 December 1945 she served at seaplane bases in Okinawa; Shanghai, China; and Inchon, Korea.
She arrived at Seattle 29 December 1945 for her pre-inactivation overhaul; went out of commission in reserve at Alameda, Calif., 24 July 1946 - and was loaned to the Coast Guard in September 194S.
Barrataria received one battle star for her operations during the Lingayen Gulf landing (18 January 1945).