USS Pilgrim 11

Navyhistory.com
ABOUT US
History of Ships and Navies
Contact US
Navy Links

Ê

Other Sites
HistoryShopping.com
Navalshopping.com
Historycentral.com
America's Wars
Revolutionary War
War of 1812
Civil War
World War II
Ê US Aircraft of WW2
Vietnam War
Presidential Elections
NationbyNation.com
Multieducator Products

Pilgrim 11 YFB-30

Mug Windbreaker
Plaque Cap
Polo Shirt Sweatshirt
Pilgrim 11

(YFB-30: dp. 118; 1. 92'5"; b. 18'; dr. 4')

Pilgrim II (YFB-30), a motor houseboat, was built for William H. Elkins of Philadelphia, Pa. in 1925 by the John H. Mathis Co., Camden, N.J. and acquired by the Navy from her owner 24 March 1942.

Converted for use as a river patrol boat by the Mathis Co yard at Camden, Pilgrim II was assigned to the 4th Naomi District and placed in service 28 April 1942 at the Philadelphia Navy Yard. Manned by a Coast Guard crew, she served as a Delaware River patrol craft through the end of the war.

Pilgrim II was struck from the Navy List and returned to her owner 10 June 1947.