USS Ravager

Navyhistory.com
ABOUT US
History of Ships and Navies
Contact US
Navy Links

Ê

Other Sites
HistoryShopping.com
Navalshopping.com
Historycentral.com
America's Wars
Revolutionary War
War of 1812
Civil War
World War II
Ê US Aircraft of WW2
Vietnam War
Presidential Elections
NationbyNation.com
Multieducator Products

Ravager AVG-24

Mug Windbreaker
Plaque Cap
Polo Shirt Sweatshirt
Ravager

(AVG-24: dp. 13,890; 1. 492'0", b. 69'6", dr. 25'6", s. 16 k.
cpl. 646; a. 2 5", 20 40mm., 27 20mm.; cl. Bogue)

Ravager (AVG-24) was laid down as MC hull 240 on 11 April 1942 by Soattle Taeoma Shipbuilding Corp., Taeoma Wash.; launched 16 July 1942; sponsored by Mrs. C. G. Mitehell; acquired by the U.S. Navy and transferred to the United Kingdom under lend-lease on 25 April 1943, and commissioned in the Royal Navy the same day.

During World War II, HMS Ravager (D-70), redesignated on U.S. Navy records as CVE-24 on 15 July 1943, operated in the Atlantic protecting Allied shipping from German U-boats. After the war ended, she arrived Norfolk 9 February 1946 and was returned to the U.S. Navy there on 27 February, the day she was decommissioned by the Royal Navy. Ravager was sold to William B. St. John of New York City, 1 July 1947, and was placed in merchant service as Robin Trent.