USS Fearnot

Navyhistory.com
ABOUT US
History of Ships and Navies
Contact US
Navy Links

 

Other Sites
HistoryShopping.com
Navalshopping.com
Historycentral.com
America's Wars
Revolutionary War
War of 1812
Civil War
World War II
  US Aircraft of WW2
Vietnam War
Presidential Elections
NationbyNation.com
Multieducator Products

Advance

Fearnot

Former name retained.

(Ship: dp. 1,012; 1. 178'; b. 35'; dph. 23'6"; a. 6
32-pdr. r.)

Fearnot was built by G. W. Jackman, Jr., Newburyport, Mass.; purchased by the Navy 20 July 1861; and commissioned 28 August 1801, Acting Master E. H. Faucon in command.

From the time of her arrival at Key West 17 September 1861, Fearnot served as coal and supply ship for the West Gulf Blockading Squadron, sailing out of Key West to Ship Island, and after its fall, New Orleans. Her last service, from October 1866 to May 1866, was in carrying surplus ordnance to Pensacola, and guarding the large amounts of ammunition accumulating there. She arrived at Boston 29 May 1866, and there was decommissioned 18 July 1866 and sold 3 October 1866.