USS Governor R M McLane  

Navyhistory.com
ABOUT US
History of Ships and Navies
Contact US
Navy Links

Ê

Other Sites
HistoryShopping.com
Navalshopping.com
Historycentral.com
America's Wars
Revolutionary War
War of 1812
Civil War
World War II
Ê US Aircraft of WW2
Vietnam War
Presidential Elections
NationbyNation.com
Multieducator Products

Governor R M McLane SP-1328

Mug Windbreaker
Plaque Cap
Polo Shirt Sweatshirt
Governor R. M. McLane

A former name retained.

(SP-1328: dp. 144; 1. 120'; b. 22'; dr. B'9"; s. 13 k.;
a. 1 1-pdr )

Governor R. M. McLane, a steamboat, was built in 1884 by Neafie and Levy, Philadelphia, Pa., and was acquired by the Navy from the Maryland State Conservation Commission in August 1917. She commissioned 6 August 1917 at Norfolk, VA., Ens. S. Earle, USNRF, in command.

Governor R. M. McLane was assigned to the 5th Naval District, and served as a patrol craft in Chesapeake Bay. Her cruising grounds included Baltimore Harbor, the Patuxent and Severn Rivers, and Tangier Sound. During November 1918 she was used briefly as a towing boat by Naval Proving Ground, Indian Head, MD., and was returned to her owner 30 November 1918.

 

'); ');