(Bark: t. 1,800, 1. 176'5" b.p., b. 45'8"; dr. 16'5"; colt
136; a. 6 4", 4 6-pdrs., 2 1-pdrs. )
The third Intrepid Was launched by Mare Island Navy Yard 8 October 1904; sponsored by Miss Helen de Young and commissioned 16 August 1907, Comdr. Edward E. Capohart in command.
The steel bark was assigned to the Yerba Buena Training Station, San Francisco for duty until 28 February 1912 when she became the receiving ship at the same station. The latter assignment lasted until 25 January 1914 when Intrepid became receiving ship at Mare Island Navy Yard, where she decommissioned 15 October.
Intrepid commissioned in ordinary at Mare Island Navy Yard 11 November 1915 for use as a barracks for the men of submarines F-1 through F-4 of the Pacific Fieet. In 1920 she agaiu became receiving ship at Mare Island Navy Yard. Intrepid decommissioned 30 August 192i and was sold 20 December.